Saturday, November 28, 2009





A life of fame and fortune may suit any entertainer, but Anika Noni Rose has expanded the concept as she finds herself in the midst of a fairy tale existence with her starring role in the new Walt Disney animated film, "The Princess and the Frog."According to the actress, confirmation on playing Princess Tiana came as welcome news after giving her all to make a lasting impression on those considering her for the part. “I wanted it so badly and it’s so scary when you want something that strongly. Particularly in this field, you know, because more often than not, no is what you hear. And when people see you in something, you may have had 20 other no’s before you get to that one good thing that somebody sees you in,” Rose told EUR’s Lee Bailey while confessing to calling her mother and yelling and crying after she received the official word she would be playing Tiana. “I was almost afraid to want it as much as I did. And so I felt like it was mine. So to have that verified and passed on to me on the phone, it was an amazing experience."Rose’s excitement over her latest role goes deeper than just simple confirmation. "The Princess and the Frog" features Tiana as Disney’s first African-American princess. Loosely based on E.D. Baker's novel "The Frog Princess" and the Grimm brothers' "The Frog Prince," the musical comedy centers on a New Orleans waitress and aspiring chef as she embarks on an adventure when she meets a frog prince who wants to be human again.Despite the pressure of competing with others for the role, Rose maintained her focus by relying on a proven method for focusing on her objective.The "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" co-star stated. “When I’m in that booth and I’m trying to get a role, I’m not thinking about who else is trying to get the role. I can’t anticipate what they are gonna do or try to be better. I can only be me. And so I’m competing with me to do the best thing that I can do that day and to take it higher from the last time that I did it. That’s how I walk in to an audition.” “You can’t sit back and decide ‘I wanna to be in the NBA.’ So you’re gonna do that from your room? [laughs],” Rose continued while stressing the importance of creating opportunities for success. “‘I wanna be, I wanna start up the next Google.’ Well then, you need to write a program or two. You can’t just think about it and say you want to do it and have it in the air. You have to find your way to it. And sometimes it’s little steps. And sometimes, it’s huge steps. Sometimes it takes forever and sometimes you’re like ‘Can you believe that it’s here?’ But it’s about you making it happen for yourself.”Disney’s "The Princess and the Frog" will arrive in theaters in limited release today, Nov. 25 (in New York and Los Angeles), with a national roll-out scheduled for December 11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY