Tuesday, January 5, 2010




PETA has named Project Runway’s style guru Tim Gunn and American Idol judge Ellen DeGeneres their man and woman of the year. Tim was honored for his effort to promote an animal-friendly fashion sense, whereas Ellen was chosen for her decision to become vegan and to endorse anti-cruelty toward animals. Keep reading for further details…
Ellen wrote on her website: “I personally chose to go vegan because I educated myself on factory farming and cruelty to animals, and I suddenly realized that what was on my plate were living things, with feelings.” “Wearing fur is like wearing a big sign reading, ‘I’m in favor of inflicting cruelty and pain on animals as a fashion statement.’ Ingrid Newkirk, President of PETA, told UsMagazine.com, “Tim Gunn and Ellen DeGeneres show us that one person really can make a difference in the world by rejecting cruel deeds in favor of compassionate. Their message that animals must be treated kindly and respectfully has reached scores of people, and many of them have changed their buying habits, all because Gunn and DeGeneres spoke up for the voiceless.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY